15 LIFE-CHANGING LESSONS I LEARNED IN 2022 + 4 CHIC LOOKS ON MAJOR SALE
in Fashion on 04/01/2023
What a transformational year 2022 was for me! I don’t know about you but 2022 was honestly one of the hardest years of my entire life! I turned 49 years old, I filed for divorce number 2, and finally allowed myself to actually FEEL the pain and heartache that accompanies any life trial such as divorce. As with any hard time in life comes lessons and that is exactly what I’m here to share with all of you.
This is part of my lifelong healing journey that I’m proud to be on. It will no doubt be a journey that I will be on for the rest of my life and I’m ok with that. I hope what I share with you today helps you to become a better version of yourself because at the end of the day, that’s really what life is all about – evolving into the best possible version of ourselves.
Over the years, I’ve used fashion as a way to help women look and feel like the best versions of themselves and I plan to continue to do that in 2023. However, I will also be adding an element of self-healing to my blog posts and YouTube videos because it’s another thing I’m passionate about and it has changed my life for the better. I hope it helps you too.
KEEP SCROLLING TO SHOP 4 AMAZING LOOKS ALL ON SALE + CHECK OUT THE TOP 15 LIFE-CHANGING LESSONS I LEARNED IN 2022 AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. PLUS 5 RESOURCES I SWEAR BY THAT HAVE HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY IN MY HEALING JOURNEY.
SHOP THE LOOK (JACKET IS ON SALE WITH CODE HEATHER20):
CAMEL TEDDY COAT ON SALE WITH CODE HEATHER20:
This teddy coat has been my go-to this winter, and I ALWAYS feel chic and cozy in it! I would say it’s 100% worth the regular price, but it just so happens to be ON SALE, and with my 20% off code: HEATHER20, now is definitely the time to snatch one up! I’m wearing a size 2 and I find it fits true to size.
SHOP LOOK 2 (SWEATER IS ON SALE):
GRAY SWEATER ON SALE:
The next chic look on major sale features this off-the-shoulder number from Treasure & Bond. I love the loose fit and the rib-knit material makes it look far more expensive than it really is. I’m wearing an XS in this fabulous winter sweater that comes in TONS of colors and is incredibly soft.
This one is very similar and fully stocked!
SHOP THE LOOK (BLAZER AND TOP ARE ON SALE):
The next chic look on major sale centers around this fabulous black velvet blazer. It looks way more expensive than it really is and is currently on MAJOR sale! The discount brings the price tag for this versatile 3rd layer to under $130, which is fantastic value. I’m wearing an XS and I find it fits true to size.
I’m totally obsessed with this GORGEOUS velvet bustier top from Express! The emerald green color is elegant and refined, while the bustier design and sweetheart neckline bring a subtly sexy vibe to this look. I’m wearing an XS in this fashion-forward top that comes in 4 colors and is on SALE for under $30.
SHOP THE LOOK (LEATHER JACKET ON SALE WITH CODE HEATHER20):
BLACK LEATHER JACKET (20% OFF WITH CODE HEATHER20):
This last chic look on major sale highlights this AMAZING leather jacket from Karen Millen. I love a really good leather jacket and the stylish hardware on this one takes it to the next level. It’s currently over $100 off right now, and you can save an EXTRA 20% with code HEATHER 20. I’m wearing a size 2 in this fantastic jacket.
15 LIFE-CHANGING LESSONS I LEARNED IN 2022:
- All trials in life are given to you for 2 reasons, one is to teach you a lesson and the other is to bring you closer to God. If you don’t learn the lesson then God will keep showing it to you and it will just get louder and louder until you learn from it.
- Owning your own power looks like doing what you need to do in order to take care of yourself in all situations.
- You can’t change people, places, or things in your life, the only thing you can change is YOURSELF and how YOU react to situations.
- The key to healing is actually allowing yourself to FEEL YOUR FEELINGS and yes feelings are uncomfortable, especially the bad ones such as anger, sadness, guilt, and shame. But until you really sit down and FEEL your feelings you will not heal. And when I say feel your feelings what that looks like is sitting down and allowing yourself to cry it out if you are sad, allowing yourself to beat a pillow and scream at the top of your lungs if you’re angry, and writing down your feelings in a journal if you are feeling guilty or ashamed. And I don’t mean feeling your feelings some of the time when they come but EVERY SINGLE TIME they come up sit with them and really feel them. YOU MUST FEEL TO HEAL.
- People show you who they really are with their ACTIONS NOT THEIR WORDS. Pay attention and when someone shows you who they are you better believe them.
- Our brains are hard-wired to avoid change and to seek out familiar situations which is why change is so hard. It’s why we can remain in miserable situations or relationships well past their expiration date, it’s FAMILIAR and as my therapist likes to call it, it’s COMFORTABLY MISERABLE. It’s not until you decide to look within and start feeling your feelings that you will start to heal and finally get the courage to change.
- Self-love is making decisions based on the higher more healed version of yourself versus the wounded version of yourself.
- All the answers you need are within you. You must be still enough to hear them and really listen to their guidance and this looks like spending time in prayer and meditation every day even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- Our intuition is our superpower and I believe it’s that small voice coming from God, the universe, or your higher power that is speaking to you. For me, it’s God.
- Accepting your reality is the key to healing. You can’t heal if you’re in denial or trying to minimize your reality. These 2 things I did quite often and they are both defense mechanisms I learned as a child to survive in the sometimes chaotic environment I grew up in. They served me greatly as a child but they no longer serve me today as an adult.
- We choose our mates based on the negative attributes of one or both of our parents because we are all trying to heal the wounds we experienced as children.
- Doing inner-child healing work has led me to look within myself and give my little girl what she did not get growing up. I can reparent her today and give her the love she needs so I don’t go out looking for it externally.
- Validation should come from within. Learning to love yourself, all parts of yourself, even the dark parts is key to living a fulfilling life.
- Everyone has baggage, negative patterns we learned and picked up as children from traumatic events, and if we don’t realize that and learn what they are we use those negative patterns in adulthood. Feeling my feelings and reparenting my inner child are 2 things that have helped me minimize my negative patterns and start responding versus reacting to difficult situations. PS – trauma is defined as a deeply distressing or disturbing experience. And that means we ALL HAVE EXPERIENCED TRAUMA to some degree! IF WE DON’T HEAL OUR TRAUMA WE WILL CONTINUE TO REACT versus RESPOND to stressful situations.
- See things as you WANT them to be NOT as they are. Manifestation is real and it works. If you have a positive mindset and expect good things to happen to you they will! You become what you think of yourself so pay close attention to what your mind is telling you about everything, the world, yourself, and others. If you have negative self talk get rid of it and start replacing your thoughts with positive thoughts. Trust and know in your deepest of thoughts that good things will happen to you, that you will attract good people, and that there is plenty of good in this world and YOU DESERVE TO HAVE GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU. If you believe this, write this, think this, and most importantly FEEL THIS EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE IT YET it will come to you! I promise!
RESOURCES THAT HAVE HELPED ME HEAL MY TRAUMA AND INNER CHILD:
- REGULAR THERAPY SESSIONS
- COMPLETING THE HOFFMAN PROCESS IN JAN. OF 2022 – THIS IS A WEEK-LONG GETAWAY EQUIVALENT TO 10 YEARS OF THERAPY. This is hands-down the most influential thing that helped my healing.
- READING THE FOLLOWING BOOKS:
LIGHTER BY YUNG PUEBLO
HOW TO DO THE WORK BY NICOLE LEPERA
BRAVING THE WILDERNESS BY BRENE BROWN
THE POWER OF VULNERABILITY BY BRENE BROWN
THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE BY BESSEL KOLK
4. LISTEN TO THESE HELPFUL PODCASTS:
THE REMEDY BY TOVA SIDO AND JANICE GUANT (JANICE IS MY THERAPIST) and she is amazing and has helped my so much through my healing journey!
MEL ROBINS POD CAST – So many amazing life lessons here!
5. HOT YOGA PRACTICE 3 TIMES A WEEK – This is a 90-minute yoga meditation practice I’ve been doing for 15 years and it helps my mind, body, and spirit tremendously!
FEEL FREE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR STYLE, BEAUTY, AND FITNESS TIPS TO HELP WOMEN LOOK AND FEEL CONFIDENT
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP TO SHOP ALL OF MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate you!